Thursday, March 19, 2009

Nobody owes me anything, everyone owes me nothing

I don't need you.

Even if I did, my need would not place any valid legal, ethical, or moral burden on you.

You never made a contract with me to give me anything.
There is no implied contract between us, because there can't be any such thing as an "implied contract". The concept is a non-sequitur. A contract is either explicit, or it is an assumption, and assumptions have no basis in morality or fact.

Just because one person assumes that another owes him something is no reason to take that assumption as anything more serious than it is: A fantasy. A dream. A wish.

If any party (individual or group) ever says to you "I need you to help me", that may be true, but it does not oblige you to do any such thing. It certainly doesn't give the other party any moral right to press you into service, or otherwise force you to contribute to its cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment